Total Pageviews

Thursday 31 May 2007

WILL YOU HELP US SEND MORE GOOD NEWS BIBLES AND BOOKS TO M.I.R.A.C.L.E?

We received the following letter from Bro. Don Neff:

“Thanks for the opportunity to “get acquainted” and keep up with the good work of SPCK/USA. We, that is the men in Africa … and the students really appreciate your interest and support. I was in Malawi last year and they “beg” me to send books … so I thought we would start with dictionaries and Bibles. I’m told textbooks are no good … because of the curriculum, however, Chaminade Secondary has no books. From what I saw, MIRACLE’s library was in much better shape than Chaminade Secondary.

Bro. Peter was home on visit in August-September and returned to Malawi - and worked at Chaminade in addition to the “new” Lusubilo Project.” But then it really isn’t a new project … but he has become more involved and has become the co-director. The main objective of Lusubilo is to care for the 8,000 plus orphans - infants to early childhood … but building Village Orphan Centers around the top of Malawi, ie., in Karonga.

Twenty years ago Bro. Peter asked me to assist him in his work in Africa - and in addition to doing Mission Preaching, I am “trying” to assist and coordinate some of his many contacts.

Thanks again for your support.

Bro. Don Neff (Marianist)

No comments: