Total Pageviews

Monday 18 June 2007

Off to Malawi

It is 2AM, and I am struggling to grasp the idea that, TODAY, I will be embarking on a 72-hr trip around the world to Malawi, Africa. For 5weeks, I will be collecting data and meeting with local officials and members of communities surrounding Lilongwe making arrangements to start a program that will bring disadvantaged youth from America to Africa to carry service projects in a cross-cultural environment (www.revivingourcommunities.org).

I am writing you to ask you to JOIN ME in this adventure. One of thethings that I wish I had done my last trip to Africa was to really document my experiences and share them with others. This blog I havearranged is not for me to boast about my travels nor share my vacation experiences. This blog will be one that carries much more meaning. Ibelieve that there are people who need their stories to be heard, and Ipray that I can be a vessel for my neighbors in Africa. And I pray that my experiences and their stories will inspire others to act and do God'swork.

In about 8 hours I will begin what end up being a 72hr trip from Chapel Hill, NC to Lilongwe, Malawi. Starting at RDU, I will be flying an hour and a half to Atlanta and staying there for 5 hours before my 9-hour flight to Amsterdam, arriving there on Tuesday. Several hours later I will be catching another 9-10hour flight from Europe to Niarobi, Kenya. After an overnight stay in the airport, my 2-hour morning flight from Kenya will finally bring me to my final destination at the Lilongwe airport Wednesday morning. To you this may sound like minor details, but for me, I will feel the brunt of these small details.I will let you know how it goes as soon as I can reach a computer. Stay tuned!!!

No comments: